Setting the Date and Location
Prior to setting the date and location for your event, consider the following:
Does the date conflict with any other events, including other college, university, community, or religious events?
Check the following:
- College calendar
- NC State University calendar
- NC State Diversity calendar
- NC State Athletics calendar
- Interfaith Calendar
If you want the dean to attend your event, check the dean's calendar with Crissy Williams-Brown, 919.513.1828.
What kind of space do you need?
Depending upon your event purpose, there are a variety of locations available across campus to meet your needs. When booking a space, items to consider include:
- Event purpose -- is it social or academic? Do you need a registration area or space for a reception?
- Number of estimated guests.
- Disability access and/or special accommodations for speakers or guests.
- Easily accessible parking:
- View the campus parking map.
- Contact the Transportation Special Events Coordinator for assistance with event parking.
Be aware that some locations may charge a room rental fee.
- Caldwell Lounge, Contact the Dean’s Office, 919.515.2468.
- M-8, Caldwell Hall, Contact the Dean’s Office, 919.515.2468.
- 1911 Atrium, Contact the Department of Sociology and Anthropology.
- McKimmon Center, 919.515.2277.
- NC State University Club, 919.828.0308.
- Talley Student Center, 919.515.2249.
- The State Club, 919.515.8394.
- Campus Classrooms (list includes room capacity and in-room equipment). To book a room for an event, e-mail the Registration and Records Scheduling Officer.