Preparing a clear and effective invitation is key to getting a positive response to your event.
Any invitation issued on behalf of the college or university must adhere to the guidelines regarding the proper use of brand elements. Guidelines can be found on our Tips and Templates page or the NC State Brand site.
- You must have the Chancellor’s Office approval if the chancellor’s name is on the invitation or if he has a significant role in the event (refer to the Guest List section regarding the requesting the Chancellor’s participation).
- Set response deadline at least 10 days prior to the event.
- Consider whether you want acceptance only responses.
- If you have a response card, enclose with postage paid envelope.
- Place order for invitations and response card six to eight weeks prior to the event.
- Mail invitations four to six weeks prior to the event.
- Do you need to include directions or a campus map?
- Is formal dress required? If so, please indicate on the invitation.
- Provide a contact name and telephone number for response, in addition to e-mail or other RSVP tracking system.