Before publicizing your event, consider whether the event will be through invitation only or is open to the public. Consider your audience when publicizing the event through the various outlets.
- To have your event appear on the Humanities and Social Sciences calendar, submit your details here. You can also post the event to appropriate department home pages through this process.
- For the event to appear in the “Upcoming” publication, use the calendar submission process.
- For the event to appear on the NC State calendar, submit details here.
- For the event to appear in area newspapers as a calendar item, send the event details (who, what, when and where) to Lauren Kirkpatrick at least three weeks prior to the event.
- Is this a newsworthy event to which the media should be invited? Contact Lauren Kirkpatrick to discuss.
- Recommended Humanities and Social Sciences standard flyer and poster templates can be found here. InDesign or Publisher software is required to make updates (Note: Microsoft Publisher is available as part of the Microsoft 2007 upgrade). The file can then be sent to the printer of your choice. Or, contact Lauren Kirkpatrick for assistance with working with NC State Communication Services. Charges for NC State Communication Services will be billed to your department.
- Any communication piece must adhere to the guidelines regarding the proper use of brand elements. Please refer to the NC State Brand site and our Brand style guide.
- Coordinate any follow-up stories with Lauren Kirkpatrick.