Spend a Day at Humanities and Social Sciences
High school, community college, and transfer students: come for a personalized visit tailored just for you. Tour the NC State campus and explore the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. You'll meet students, faculty and administrators, attend a class and get answers to your questions about NC State and our college.
Suggested Spend-A-Day Schedule*
- 9:30 a.m. College overview with Dean's Office staff member
- 10:00 a.m. Meet with a faculty advisor in your intended major
- 10:40 a.m. Attend a class
- 11:45 p.m. Meet with a college Student Ambassador
- 1:00 p.m. Attend an Admissions Office information session
- 2:15 p.m. Take a walking tour of campus
* This is a suggested schedule of some things you might do during your visit. You can tailor your schedule to meet your particular interests and needs. Please note that due to staff schedules and class availability, actual times and activities will vary.
Requesting a date
You may request a date between Monday and Friday during the traditional academic year by completing the online registration form below. Parents/guests are welcome to visit with you. In order for us to prepare for your visit, please register at least two weeks (14 calendar days) in advance of your requested date. If possible, please provide us with an alternate date. We will do our best to accommodate your initial preference. Please note
that Spend a Day visits are not available on weekends.
Fall 2018 semester availability:
- September 5 – December 7
- Except: September 17, October 4-5, October 12, November 21-23
Spring 2019 semester availability:
- January 22 – April 26
- Except: February 22, March 1, March 8, March 11-15, April 19
Confirming your Registration:
Our primary method of communicating with you once you submit a request is via e-mail, so please be sure to check your e-mail account for our response. You will always receive details in advance about a visit - if you never receive a response to your request, please do not assume it has been approved. Kindly follow up directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the number of visitation requests we receive, we regret that we cannot take requests by phone.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com